Wednesday, June 6, 2007

View lots versus Ridge lots???

What do you guys think? Which lots are hotter? At first I thought the lots with the potential views were totally in demand, but it seemed like the ones facing their back yards to the ridge sold quicker.

But now, there's 3 lots remaining facing the ridge (which I think are priced pretty fairly considering their lot sizes - true usuable sizes), but those aren't selling.

Also, what's up with Phase 6???
Anyone heard anything?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's more about affordability. There is a lot of demand out there for 3,000 sq. ft. homes in the $1m-1.15m range, and Laing has priced the ridge homes better than similarly sized new homes with similar lot sizes virtually anywhere else in the county (Talega, Ladera, Irvine).

I think that even the smaller lot ridge homes have somewhat "usable" lot sizes. It's not like you're going to be able to put in a pool, but a 20 ft. by 50 ft. backyard is a pretty good size for OC and will accommodate a bbq and give some room for the dog to run around. Plus the ridge affords a lot of privacy that you don't get when your yard backs up to someone else's backyard, as is typical in Irvine and Ladera.

Recently I went down to Talega and checked out the Laing Ravenna models -- 4000 sq. ft. homes with barely an 8 ft. deep backyard. I couldn't figure out why someone would want so much interior space but no yard.

BTW, on Laing's website it shows only 2 ridge homes available (that are priced higher due to their larger lot sizes) and 2 view homes that are in the $1.5m range. Add the plan 2 and 3 models, and there are four view homes available. Am I missing a ridge home that's not on the website?

BelleCliff said...

Sorry, probably my mistake regarding how many homes are left, although I was just in this past Saturday and that's what they had on their home sheets.

According to their website then, that larger plan 2 lot at the end of the cul-de-sac must have sold.

Have you heard anything about the K. Hov or Blue Harbor homes regarding prices? I walked the Blue Harbor models - I actually like their floorplans more than Belle Cliff's, however they chose some pretty small lots for their models. I'm sure they'll have larger lots to sell *according to their advertisement, they have lots up to 17,000 sq ft - not sure if that's 17,000 sq ft of useable space, though).

Anonymous said...

I haven't walked the Blue Harbor models yet; figured I would wait until the grand opening in a couple of weeks. I thought I read somewhere -- possibly a promotional email -- that the lots at Blue Harbor would average 10,000 sq. ft., as opposed to the 7,500 sq. ft. average Belle Cliff lot. I think it was that same promotional email that said Blue Harbor would start from the $1 millions, so I think they're aiming for that sweet spot that the Belle Cliff homes sold very well at. I'm sure prices for the first phase will be a little lower than they think they can get, so they can sell out and generate buzz.

I much preferred the Belle Cliff location on the south side of the hill (and high up on the hill). Blue Harbor seemed like it was a chipshot away from the 5 freeway. What did you like better about the BH floorplans?

I haven't heard anything about pricing of the K. Hov homes, but the elevation renderings on their website look pretty ugly. I'm sure they will look better than that when they're built (at least I hope).

BelleCliff said...

I forgot which plan it was that I really liked. I think it was the one that is all stucco on the outside - kinda looks boring on the outside. The inside had a lot of sitting areas with a few balconies.

You're right about Belle Cliff having a better location. We're isolated from the freeway noise much more so that Blue Harbor. I was standing out on the balcony of one of the models and it was so loud! Not only are we (Belle Cliff) positioned further back from the freeway, but we'll have the K. Hov homes to further buffer the noise. Speaking of which, the K. Hov models aren't positioned so well in my mind - they're backing the street/drive-up and the closest to the 5-freeway.

Anyway, I won't make it to the Blue Harbor opening Saturday, but maybe I'll see you at the clambake preview on the 14th or on opening Sunday! :)

BelleCliff said...

By the way... I just checked the 'available homes' on Laing's website again. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not accurate, since the pricing isn't accurate. They're still advertising base prices, not prices including the options they had to select for these unsold homes.