Monday, May 7, 2007

PHASE 5

Homesite Plan Price Home Lot (net)
14 1CR $1,061K 2,920 6,448
15 1BR $1,066K 2,920 6,742
16 2AR $1,166K 3,235 7,107
17 2BR $1,306K 3,235 10,313
18 3AR $1,321K 3,593 8,275

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone have any info on how many of the phase 5 homes were sold?

BelleCliff said...

They actually released 6 homes for sale in Phase 5 (one more than originally planned). Of the 6 released, two sold.

Overall, they've released 43 homes and have sold 37 of them - which is great considering the slowdown of the market and the subprime problems.

Did you purchase in the community or are you interested? I'm asking because, if you've purchased into the community, I'm curious what you're doing in regards to the upgrading options.

THANKS!

Anonymous said...

I've purchased, but the only upgrade I'll be considering is the flooring (and having not visited the design center yet, I'm not even sure that will be an option, given what I expect the builder to charge for even modest upgrades). I think it's great that there's so much interest in the community, but the extra $60k I had to spend due to not getting in in the first 3 phases and the obscenely high Mello-Roos taxes will make updgrades cost prohibitive, at least for the first couple of years.

Which phase did you purchase in? What upgrades have you decided on?

Also, do you know which of the phase 5 homes sold? Was it the two lower priced plan 1's?

BelleCliff said...

I'm not sure which was the 6th home released, but was told that it was one of the ocean view ones - that particular house sold. The second home they sold was one of the interior Plan 1's. The other 4 interior sites did not sell.

That seems bad, however I went to the Phase 4 release and only a few out of eight homes released sold then. However, up until Phase 5, there were only two homes left (only one from Phase 4 and still the one from Phase 3).

Since the remaining homes from Phase 5 are all interior lots, I'm not too worried about them selling. They're still priced pretty low.

I was lucky to be one of the homes that will be subsidized in terms of HOA for the first 3 years. However, that still doesn't help too much with the upgrades. I've found that the Builder's upgrades are typically twice or three times the price that I could get via an independent contractor. However, because of convenience, I'm upgrading the countertops/bathrooms with the builder. I'm also upgrading the electrical stuff - surround sound, etc. I'm doing built-ins and crown mouldings and paint privately. I think I'm going to do flooring privately, also.

I've talked to half a dozen other home purchasers in the community and most of them are going with private contractors.

Anyway, any idea how I could advertise about this Blog?
I tried to get it listed on Google, but that didn't work.

And, Lanser on OCRealEstateFinder won't post my messages with this site's address since he may feel that it would not benefit him.